I cannot believe that this is happening. I want to stop this and make it untrue. I want to wake up to realize this was a bad dream I'm going to lecture you about. And yet my cheeks are red from my own pinching.
I want to protect you, and I want to take care of you. I want to make sure noone hurts you and that you will have a good life. I want to be sure you are safe, and shield you from any pain. I will lynch anyone who wrongs you. I prefer to be silent in my own fights out of principle but I would go all out if someone were to challenge you. I know I will be able to bear anything thrown at me; I am confident, resolute that I will get through anything, but I don't want your strength to be tested in the same way. I want to figure things out for you and tell you what you should do and what would happen. I can't have it any other way. I think I will go crazy just imagining the horrors this life may throw at you.
I don't want your life to be difficult. I am praying to the Lord to keep us safe, to make things all right. But I am scared to death all the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment