Friday, January 27, 2012

Fourth of September

Tonight I have unearthed the beginnings of a declaration of a stake that has stretched to twenty eight passing of the moon. How does one make another listen to silence? I was hoping it was possible to draw you to the emptiness of my words. I suppose you never really do linger long enough to notice. Instead you bid goodnight with the slightest of sounds, resembling that of a small flame being doused, like a final crackle before it is put out. The quietest fizz signal your departure. Could you not have spared a word?


I remember it all too well: the clue pretending to misdirect, the most ardent of invitations, the utterances that were so foreign in its warmth. Fire sure has its glitter. It must have made me blind. I am still groping for the heat long after it has burnt out.


#writtenbecauseofameme

No comments:

Post a Comment